Senior Living in Hahira, Georgia
Top zip codes in Hahira, GA: 31632
- Hahira scores higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Hahira scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Smith Hospital, South Georgia Medical Center, and Smith Northview Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fellowship Home, Langdale Place, and Pruitthealth - Lakehaven.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 70 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Bellemeade/Plantation Course at Valdosta Country Club, Stone Creek Golf Club, and Northlake Golf & Country Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Cecil Bay RV Park, Freedom Park, and President George W. Bush Heritage Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Hahira Church of Nazarene, Crosspoint Church of Valdosta, and Abundant Life Church of God.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,168, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,180, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,038, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,080 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $86,786 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,117 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,765 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.93%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hahira receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Hahira has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Hahira has a very sparse population density of 92.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hahira have a short daily commute time.
- Hahira has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.14%.