Senior Living in Haines Falls, New York
Top zip codes in Haines Falls, NY: 12436
- Haines Falls scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Haines Falls scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Saugerties Public Housing Agency, Kaaterskill Care Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility , and The Pines at Catskill Center For Nursing and Rehab.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Colonial Country Club, Onteora Club, and Rip Van Winkle Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Mountain Top Arboretum, North/South Lake Campground, and New York Zipline Adventures LLC.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Smith John C, Reformed Church of Saugerties, and Gates Robert F.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.86% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,035, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,969, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,140, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Haines Falls receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Haines Falls has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Haines Falls has a very sparse population density of 27.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Haines Falls have a very long daily commute time.
- Haines Falls has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.53%.