Senior Living in Haledon, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Haledon, NJ: 07508
- Haledon scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Haledon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 18 hospitals within close range of the city, including Barnert Hospital, Wayne General Hospital, and St Joseph\'s Regional Medical Center.
- There are 198 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Regency Gardens Nursing Center, Preakness Healthcare Center, and Van Dyk Park Place.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1449 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 193 golf courses in or around the city, including North Jersey Country Club, Preakness Hills Country Club, and Blue Course at Passaic County Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Goffle Brook Park, High Mountain Park Preserve, and Van Saun County Park.
- There are 549 churches in or near the city, including Meadowbrook Church, Sixth Reformed Church, and Covenant Christian Ref Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 817 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 40 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 394 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.79% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,412, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,239, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,684, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.59%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Haledon receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Haledon has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Haledon has a dense population density of 4,444.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Haledon have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Haledon has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.58%.