Senior Living in Halethorpe, Maryland
Top zip codes in Halethorpe, MD: 21227
- Halethorpe scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Halethorpe scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 30 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Agnes Healthcare, Regional Inst For Children, and Saint Agnes Hospital.
- There are 283 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Greens at English Consul, The Neighborhoods at St. Elizabeth , and Caritas House Assisted Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1004 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 86 golf courses in or around the city, including Carroll Park Golf Course, Rolling Road Golf Club, and Timbers At Troy, The.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Gwynns Falls, Carrie Murray Nature Center, and Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine.
- There are 854 churches in or near the city, including St Clement Rectory, Shelbourne Baptist Church, and Church of the Holy Apostles.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 686 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 28 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 302 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,176, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,632, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,776, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.80%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Halethorpe receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Halethorpe has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Halethorpe has a dense population density of 2,909.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Halethorpe have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Halethorpe has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.23%.