Senior Living in Hallstead, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Hallstead, PA: 18822
- Hallstead scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Hallstead scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Montrose General Hospital, Endless Mountain Hlth Systems, and United Health Services Hosps.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gracious Living Estates, Meadow View Senior Living Center, LLC., and Hearth Management LLC.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Conklin Players Club, Montrose Club, The, and Vestal Hills Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Lakeside Campground, Salt Springs Park, and Schnurbusch Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Little White Church, Conklin First Presbyterian Chr, and St John Evangelist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,052, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,841, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,463, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.41%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hallstead receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Hallstead has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Hallstead has a very sparse population density of 87.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hallstead have an average daily commute time.
- Hallstead has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.21%.