Senior Living in Hamburg, New York
Top zip codes in Hamburg, NY: 14075
- Hamburg scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Hamburg scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Our Lady Of Victory Hospital, Mercy Hospital, and Western Ny Children\'s Center.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bethel Estates, Elderwood Assisted Living at Hamburg, and Elderwood at Hamburg.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 167 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 57 golf courses in or around the city, including South Shore Country Club, Hamburg Golf Course, Town of, and Wanakah Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Hamburg Recreation Department, Southwestern Office Park, and Chestnut Ridge.
- There are 117 churches in or near the city, including Old Time Baptist Church, Trinity Episcopal Church, and St Peter & Paul Roman Catholic.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 98 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 51 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,343, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,614, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,064, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.06%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hamburg receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Hamburg has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Hamburg has an average population density of 1,062.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hamburg have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Hamburg has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.72%.