Senior Living in Hammonton, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Hammonton, NJ: 08037
- Hammonton scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Hammonton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Ancora Psychiatric Hospital and William B Kessler Mem Hospital).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hammonton Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, The Heritage Assisted Living, and Manansala Residential Health Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 76 golf courses in or around the city, including Pinelands Golf Course, Frog Rock Golf & Country Club, and Frog Rock Golf & Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Atsion Recreation Area, Wharton State Forest, and Winding River Campground.
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Rc Church, St Anthony of Padua Catholic, and Ashmen Charles W.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,762, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,917, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,222, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.85%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hammonton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Hammonton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Hammonton has a sparse population density of 208.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hammonton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Hammonton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.45%.