Senior Living in Hancock, Maine
Top zip codes in Hancock, ME: 04640
- Hancock scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Hancock scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Maine Coast Memorial Hospital, Mount Desert Island Hospital, and Mount Desert Island Hospital.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Acres Boarding Home, Heath Haven Residence, and Courtland Rehabilitation & Living Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including White Birches Country Club, Bar Harbor Golf Course, and Kebo Valley Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Lamoine State Park, Timberland Acres RV Park & Campground, and Hadley\'s Point Campground.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Union Cong Church of Hancock, Church of Christ, and Church of Redemer.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,319, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,129, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,876, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.48%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hancock receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Hancock has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Hancock has a very sparse population density of 81.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hancock have a short daily commute time.
- Hancock has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.78%.