Senior Living in Hanover, Maryland
Top zip codes in Hanover, MD: 21076
- Hanover scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Hanover scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 24 hospitals within close range of the city, including Clifton T Perkins Hosp Center, Baltimore Washington Medical Center, and Harbor Hospital.
- There are 288 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including New Life Assisted Living I, Morningside House of Friendship, and Lorien Elkridge.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 884 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 95 golf courses in or around the city, including Timbers At Troy, The, Rolling Road Golf Club, and Courses At Fort Meade, The -Parks.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Blandair Park, Patapsco Female Institute, and Patapsco Valley State Park.
- There are 725 churches in or near the city, including St Mark\'s United Methodist Chr, St Lawrence Rectory, and Wesley Grove United Methodist.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 598 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 22 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 268 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $119,022, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $108,616, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,377, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.46%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hanover receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Hanover has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Hanover has an average population density of 1,027.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hanover have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Hanover has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.13%.