Senior Living in Hanover, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Hanover, NH: 03755
- Hanover scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Hanover scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital, Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital, and Mary Hitchcock Mem Hospital.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kendal at Hanover, Hanover Terrace Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Wheelock Terrace.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Hanover Country Club, Carter Country Club, and Fore-U Golf Center.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Rest-N-Nest Campground, Storrs Pond Recreation Area, and Nathan\'s Garden.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Christ Redeemer Church, Agent North Ame, and Catholic Student Center.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.72% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $123,994, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $90,893, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,204, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.74%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hanover receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Hanover has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Hanover has a sparse population density of 291.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hanover have a very short daily commute time.
- Hanover has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.00%.