Senior Living in Harford, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Harford, PA: 18823
- Harford scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Harford scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Montrose General Hospital and Endless Mountain Hlth Systems).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meadow View Senior Living Center, LLC., Barnes-Kasson County Hospital, and Samuel J Bailey Apartments.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (42% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Montrose Club, The, Lakeland Golf Club, and Panorama Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Shady Rest Campground, Shore Forest Campground, and Salt Springs Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Acre Lake Baptist Church, St Patrick\'s Church, and Nicholson United Methodist Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $44,023, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,938, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,737, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Harford receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Harford has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Harford has a very sparse population density of 72.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Harford have a very short daily commute time.
- Harford has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.08%.