Senior Living in Harmans, Maryland
Top zip codes in Harmans, MD: 21077
- Harmans scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Harmans scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 20 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baltimore Washington Medical Center, Clifton T Perkins Hosp Center, and Harbor Hospital.
- There are 276 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morningside House of Friendship, BWF Place, and HeartHomes at Linthicum.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 759 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 97 golf courses in or around the city, including Timbers At Troy, The, Courses At Fort Meade, The -Parks, and Rolling Road Golf Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Washington DC / Capitol KOA, Kinder Farm Park, and Blandair Park.
- There are 617 churches in or near the city, including St Lawrence Rectory, St Mark\'s United Methodist Chr, and Wesley Grove United Methodist.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 556 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 247 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,997, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,591, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,782, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Harmans receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Harmans has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Harmans has a sparse population density of 340.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Harmans have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Harmans has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.