Senior Living in Harmonsburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Harmonsburg, PA: 16422
- Harmonsburg scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Harmonsburg scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Meadville Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rolling Fields, Juniper Village Senior Living at Meadville, and Wesbury an Active Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Oakland Beach Golf Club, Park Golf Course, and Oakland Beach Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Lake Village Campground and Holiday Camplands Association).
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Allida Smith Wesleyan Methodist Church, Cornerstone Church of God, and Abundant Life Fellowship.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,581, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,595, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,343, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.21%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Harmonsburg receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Harmonsburg has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Harmonsburg has a sparse population density of 291.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Harmonsburg have a very short daily commute time.
- Harmonsburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.77%.