Senior Living in Harmony, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Harmony, PA: 16037
- Harmony scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Harmony scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ellwood City Hospital, St Francis Hospital Cranberry, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Evergreen Health and Rehabilitation Center, Lutheran SeniorLife , and Passavant Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 171 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 98 golf courses in or around the city, including Hartmann\'s Deep Valley Golf Course, Olde Stonewall Golf Club, and Connoquenessing Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Cheeseman Farm, Buttercup Woodlands Campground, and McConnells Mill State Park.
- There are 80 churches in or near the city, including Zion Lutheran Church, Grace Church of Harmony, and St Peter\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 47 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 53 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,914, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,972, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,177, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.60%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Harmony receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Harmony has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Harmony has a sparse population density of 131.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Harmony have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Harmony has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.55%.