Senior Living in Harpursville, New York
Top zip codes in Harpursville, NY: 13787
- Harpursville scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Harpursville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Binghamton Psychiatric Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including United Methodist Homes, Good Shepherd Fairview Home, and United Methodist Homes.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Belden Hill Golf Club, Afton Golf Club, and Chenango Valley State Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Nathaniel Cole Park, Kellystone Park Campsite, and Forest Lake Campground Inc.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including Afton Baptist Church Parsonage, Afton Baptist Church, and North Fenton Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,989, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,179, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,782, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.59%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Harpursville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Harpursville has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Harpursville has a very sparse population density of 57.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Harpursville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Harpursville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.84%.