Senior Living in Harriman, New York
Top zip codes in Harriman, NY: 10926
- Harriman scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Harriman scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Doctor Robert L Yeager Ctr, Helen Hayes Hospital, and Helen Hayes Hospital.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Smithclove Ira, The Promenade at Tuxedo Place, and Helen Hayes Hospital Residential Health Care Fac.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 197 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 147 golf courses in or around the city, including Central Valley Golf Club, Monroe Country Club, and Golf Club at Mansion Ridge, The.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Beaver Pond Campground, Bear Mountain State Park, and Sterling Forest.
- There are 73 churches in or near the city, including Harriman United Methodist Chr, St Anastasia Church, and Central Valley United Meth.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 136 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 100 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $95,258, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,661, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,069, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.71%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Harriman receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Harriman has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Harriman has an average population density of 618.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Harriman have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Harriman has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.00%.