Senior Living in Harrisburg, Missouri
Top zip codes in Harrisburg, MO: 65256
- Harrisburg scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Harrisburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maplelawn Residential Care Facility, Heritage Hall Skilled Nursing by Americare, and Hillcrest Assisted Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Windmill Golf Course, Lake Of The Woods Golf Course, and L A Nickell Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Alpine Park & Gardens, Finger Lakes State Park, and Rocky Fork Lakes Conservation Area.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Harrisburg Christian Church, Yahweh\'s Assembly in Messiah, and Sturgeon Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.08% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,420, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,688, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,693, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,640 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,955 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,490 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.33%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Harrisburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Harrisburg has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Harrisburg has a very sparse population density of 35.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Harrisburg have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Harrisburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.54%.