Senior Living in Harrisville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Harrisville, PA: 16038
- Harrisville scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Harrisville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Grove City Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Transitions Healthcare Autumn Grove, Orchard Manor, and Fellowship Manor.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Valley View Golf Course, Pine Grove Golf Course, and Willow Hills Golf Center.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park at Kozy Rest, The Birdwatchers Store, and Gaslight Campgrounds.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Harrisville United Methodist, St Alphonsus Catholic Parish, and Anschutz Richard D.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,511, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,136, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,034, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.10%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Harrisville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Harrisville has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Harrisville has a very sparse population density of 73.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Harrisville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Harrisville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.03%.