Senior Living in Hartford, Connecticut
- Hartford scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Hartford scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Francis Hospital & Medical Center, Hartford Hospital, and Connecticut Childrens Medical Center.
- There are 122 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Chelsea Place Care Center, Fernwood Manor, and Masonicare Partnership Home and Hospital.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 557 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 109 golf courses in or around the city, including Keney Park Golf Club, Goodwin Course at Goodwin Golf Course, and East Hartford Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Bushnell Park, Elizabeth Park Conservancy, and Westmoor Park.
- There are 475 churches in or near the city, including North United Methodist Church, New Testament Church of God, and St Monica\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 402 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 24 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 185 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $42,576, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $28,942, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,395, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.35%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hartford receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Hartford has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Hartford has a dense population density of 6,583.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hartford have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Hartford has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 67.68%.