Senior Living in Haskell, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Haskell, NJ: 07420
- Haskell scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Haskell scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Chilton Hospital, Wayne General Hospital, and Christian Health Care Center.
- There are 110 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lakeland Health Care Center, The Wanaque Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Health Center at Bloomingdale.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 529 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 164 golf courses in or around the city, including Sunset Valley Golf Course, High Mountain Golf Club, and North Jersey Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Norvin Green State Forest, High Mountain Park Preserve, and Monksville.
- There are 230 churches in or near the city, including St Francis of Assisi, Midvale United Methodist, and Bloomingdale United Methodist.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 349 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 18 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 187 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.79% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $92,333, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $82,296, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,295, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.57%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Haskell receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Haskell has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Haskell has a dense population density of 1,983.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Haskell have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Haskell has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.62%.