Senior Living in Hathorne, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Hathorne, MA: 01937
- Hathorne scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Hathorne scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kindred Hospital North Shore, Beverly Hospital Corporation, and North Shore Medical Center.
- There are 136 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hathorne Hill, Seasons of Danvers, and Putnam Farm at Danvers.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 555 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 127 golf courses in or around the city, including Championship Course at Ferncroft Country Club, Middleton Golf Course, and New Meadows Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Glen Magna Farms, Mass Audubon\'s Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary, and Harold Parker State Forest.
- There are 195 churches in or near the city, including St Mary-Annunciation Rectory, St Richard Catholic Church, and Calvary Episcopal Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 278 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 245 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $41,113, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hathorne receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Hathorne has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Hathorne has a dense population density of 2,068.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hathorne have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Hathorne has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.