Senior Living in Hauppauge, New York
Top zip codes in Hauppauge, NY: 11788
- Hauppauge scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Hauppauge scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Catherine Of Siena Med Ctr, St Catherine Of Siena Hospital, and Pilgrim Psychiatric Center.
- There are 95 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Creative Retirement Planning, The Arbors at Hauppauge, and Arbors.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 635 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 134 golf courses in or around the city, including Stonebridge Golf Links & Country Club, Hamlet Wind Watch Golf Club, and Gull Haven Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Blydenburgh County Park, Caleb Smith State Park, and Connetquot River State Park.
- There are 164 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Lutheran Church, Hauppauge Methodist Church, and St Thomas More Rc Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 355 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 270 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $117,608, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $102,949, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,279, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.04%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hauppauge receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Hauppauge has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Hauppauge has a dense population density of 1,955.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hauppauge have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Hauppauge has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.17%.