Senior Living in Haverford, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Haverford, PA: 19041
- Haverford scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Haverford scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 56 hospitals within close range of the city, including Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr Campus, Mercy Community Hospital, and Main Line Hospital Lankenau.
- There are 222 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bryn Mawr Terrace, Bryn Mawr Extended Care Center, and The Quadrangle.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1549 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 178 golf courses in or around the city, including East Course at Merion Golf Club, Overbrook Golf Club, and Overbrook Golf Club.
- There are 29 parks near the city center, including Rose Tree Park, Smith Memorial Playground & Playhouse, and Clark Park.
- There are 730 churches in or near the city, including Haverford Friends Meeting, St George\'s Episcopal Church, and St Mary\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1038 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 48 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 479 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $189,545, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $119,583, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $72,697, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.10%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Haverford receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Haverford has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Haverford has a dense population density of 1,892.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Haverford have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Haverford has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 99.69%.