Senior Living in Havertown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Havertown, PA: 19083
- Havertown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Havertown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 55 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Community Hospital, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, and Main Line Hospital Lankenau.
- There are 217 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Westgate Hills Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, The Quadrangle, and Broomall Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1568 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 176 golf courses in or around the city, including Llanerch Country Club, East Course at Merion Golf Club, and McCall Field Golf Course.
- There are 30 parks near the city center, including Rose Tree Park, Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College, and Clark Park.
- There are 744 churches in or near the city, including Annunication Rectory, St Denis School, and Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1078 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 44 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 445 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $99,318, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,886, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,689, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.73%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Havertown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Havertown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Havertown has a dense population density of 6,456.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Havertown have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Havertown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.10%.