Senior Living in Hawthorne, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Hawthorne, NJ: 07506
- Hawthorne scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Hawthorne scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 19 hospitals within close range of the city, including Barnert Hospital, St Joseph\'s Regional Medical Center, and Valley Hospital.
- There are 230 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including PHA Neighborhood Network, Van Dyk Park Place, and Barnert Subacute Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1635 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 199 golf courses in or around the city, including Preakness Hills Country Club, North Jersey Country Club, and Blue Course at Passaic County Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Goffle Brook Park, High Mountain Park Preserve, and Van Saun County Park.
- There are 622 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Lourdes, Abundant Life Worship Center, and Love of Jesus Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 879 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 43 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 456 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.79% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $94,016, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $78,478, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,996, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.02%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hawthorne receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Hawthorne has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Hawthorne has a dense population density of 5,636.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hawthorne have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Hawthorne has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.19%.