Senior Living in Hazleton, Pennsylvania
- Hazleton scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Hazleton scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hazleton General Hospital, Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr, and St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mountain City Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Corrigan House, and Hazlewood Apartments.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Eagle Rock Resort, Valley Country Club, and Sugarloaf Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Moyers Grove Campground, Sandy Valley Campground, and Nescopeck State Park.
- There are 56 churches in or near the city, including Abernethy Richard D Rev, St Peter\'s Episcopal Church, and Holy Trinity Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 32 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,935, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,407, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,208, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.80%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hazleton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Hazleton has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Hazleton has an average population density of 823.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hazleton have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Hazleton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.76%.