Senior Living in Hebron, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Hebron, NE: 68370
- Hebron scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Hebron scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Thayer County Health Services).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Blue Valley Lutheran Care Home, Blue Valley Lutheran Nursing Home, and Parkview Haven Nursing Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 4 golf courses in or around the city, including Hebron Country Club, Fairbury Country Club, and Republic County Recreation Association Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Deshler City Park Campground, Deshler City Rescue Unit, and Chester City Park Campground.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Barlow Vern Jan, Belividere Unted Chrch-christ, and Abiding Word Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.25% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,303, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,414, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,394, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.44%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hebron receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Hebron has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Hebron has a very sparse population density of 12.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hebron have a very short daily commute time.
- Hebron has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.88%.