Senior Living in Hector, New York
Top zip codes in Hector, NY: 14841
- Hector scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Hector scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Schuyler Hospital, Inc).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St Marks Terrace Dundee, Schuyler Hospital Seneca View Skilled Nursing Facility, and Clinton Crest Manor.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Fox Run Golf Course, Trumansburg Golf Club, and Watkins Glen Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Smith Memorial Park, Finger Lakes National Forest, and Clute Park & Campground.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Trevett Cristo Salzer and World Council of Independent Christian Churches).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,753, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,167, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,622, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.04%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hector receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Hector has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Hector has a very sparse population density of 46.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hector have a long daily commute time.
- Hector has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.47%.