Senior Living in Hedgesville, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Hedgesville, WV: 25427
- Hedgesville scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Hedgesville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including City Hospital, Martinsburg Va Medical Center, and Morgan Cty War Memorial.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Elmcroft, Elmcroft of Martinsburg, and Heartland of Martinsburg.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Woods Resort, The (Mountain View Course at Woods Resort, The), Cacapon Resort State Park, and Stonebridge Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Sleepy Creek Wildlife Management Area, Poor House Farm Park, and Fort Frederick State Park.
- There are 56 churches in or near the city, including Thomahawk Christian Church, Johnsontown Bible Church, and Central Chapel.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,436, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,188, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,678, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.10%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hedgesville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Hedgesville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Hedgesville has a sparse population density of 105.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hedgesville have a very long daily commute time.
- Hedgesville has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.38%.