Senior Living in Henderson, Illinois
Top zip codes in Henderson, IL: 61439
- Henderson scores significantly higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Henderson scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Galesburg Cottage Hospital and St Mary Medical Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Marigold Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, Seminary Village - The Hawthorne Inn, and Seminary Manor Skilled Nursing.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Bunker Links Municipal Golf, Lake Bracken Country Club, and Soangetaha Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Lincoln Park, Lake Storey Campground, and Rotary Park.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Cliff LV, Calvary Assembly of God, and Sacred Church of God.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.84% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,680, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,563, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,442, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.50%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 7% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Henderson receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Henderson has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Henderson has a sparse population density of 399.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Henderson have an average daily commute time.
- Henderson has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.90%.