Senior Living in Henderson, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Henderson, WV: 25106
- Henderson scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Henderson scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Pleasant Valley Hospital and Holzer Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Serenity House, Inc., Pleasant Valley Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, and Holzer Senior Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Hidden Valley Country Club, Cliffside Golf Club, and Riverside Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Tu-Endie-Wei State Park, Point Pleasant Recreation Department, and Gallipolis City Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Bellemead United Methodist Chr, First Church of God, and First Church of Nazarene.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,296, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,694, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $15,643, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.65%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Henderson receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Henderson has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Henderson has a very sparse population density of 39.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Henderson have a long daily commute time.
- Henderson has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.11%.