Senior Living in Hereford, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Hereford, PA: 18056
- Hereford scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Hereford scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Good Shepherd Rehab Hospital, Lehigh Valley Hospital, and St Luke\'s Quakertown Hospital.
- There are 73 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Penn Assisted Care, Pennsburg Manor, and Still Waters Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 262 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 122 golf courses in or around the city, including Butter Valley Golf Port, Sweet Water Golf Course & Driving Range, and Upper Perk Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Men-O-Lan Christian Camp and Retreat Center, Green Lane Park, and Hickory Valley Golf Club.
- There are 188 churches in or near the city, including Palm Schwenkfelder Church, Zion\'s Evangelical Lutheran, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 145 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 106 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,445, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,548, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,616, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.11%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hereford receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Hereford has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Hereford has an average population density of 562.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hereford have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Hereford has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.74%.