Senior Living in Hermitage, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Hermitage, PA: 16148
- Hermitage scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Hermitage scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Sharon Regional Health System, Edgewood Surgical Hospital, and Bhc Belmont Pines Hospital.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hospitality Care Center of Her, Saint John Xxiii Home, and Garden Way Place .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 108 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Hickory VFW Golf Course, Tam O\'Shanter Golf Course, and Buhl Farm Golf Course & Driving Range.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Avenue of 444 Flags Foundation, Buhl Park, and Rocky Springs Camp Ground.
- There are 81 churches in or near the city, including Central Christian Church, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, and Notre Dame Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,297, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,669, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,001, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.11%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hermitage receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Hermitage has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Hermitage has an average population density of 528.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hermitage have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Hermitage has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.30%.