Senior Living in Highland, Indiana
Top zip codes in Highland, IN: 46322
- Highland scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Highland scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Community Hospital, Franciscan Physicians Hospital Llc, and Surgical Hospital Of Munster.
- There are 100 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Highland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Cornerstone Ridge Plaza, and Munster Med-Inn.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 631 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 106 golf courses in or around the city, including Wicker Park Golf Course, Scherwood Golf(Executive Course at Scherwood Golf ), and Griffith Golf Center.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Kuiper Funeral Home, Hoosier Prairie State Nature Preserve, and Brunswick Park.
- There are 341 churches in or near the city, including Cline Avenue Fllwshp Childcare, First Church of Christ, and Our Lady of Grace.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 258 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 117 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.10% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.37% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,882, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,913, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,766, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.43%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Highland receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Highland has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Highland has a dense population density of 3,440.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Highland have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Highland has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.18%.