Senior Living in Highland, New York
Top zip codes in Highland, NY: 12528
- Highland scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Highland scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Vassar Brothers Medical Center, St Francis Hospital, and Hudson River Psychiatric Ctr.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wingate at Ulster, Hudson Valley Rehab and Extended Care Center, and River Valley Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 129 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including Apple Greens Golf Course, Mohonk Mountain House Golf Course, and New Paltz Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Locust Grove Estate, Hemlock Ridge Multiple Use Area, and New York City North / Newburgh KOA.
- There are 36 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Church, Beulah Baptist Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 96 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 70 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,485, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,153, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,909, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.55%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Highland receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Highland has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Highland has a sparse population density of 323.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Highland have a long daily commute time.
- Highland has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.38%.