Senior Living in Highmount, New York
Top zip codes in Highmount, NY: 12441
- Highmount scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Highmount scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Margaretville Memorial Hospital and Margaretville Mem Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Mountainside Residential Care and Kirkside of Roxbury)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (49% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Hannah Country Club, Shephard Hills Golf Course, and Christman\'s Windham House.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Balsam Lake Mountain Wild Forest and Woodland Valley Campground).
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Advent Christian Church and Price Richard L).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's median household income is $31,450, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,301, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Highmount receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Highmount has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Highmount has a very sparse population density of 18.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Highmount have a very short daily commute time.
- Highmount has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.