Senior Living in Hilliards, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Hilliards, PA: 16040
- Hilliards scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Hilliards scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Transitions Healthcare Autumn Grove, Amity Slippery Rock Personal Care Home, and Quality Life Services at Chicora Medical Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Foxburg Country Club, Valley View Golf Course, and St. Jude Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park at Kozy Rest, Gaslight Campgrounds, and Jennings Environmental Education Center.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Anschutz Richard D, St Alphonsus Catholic Parish, and Concord Presbyterian Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,406, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,868, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,707, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.87%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hilliards receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Hilliards has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Hilliards has a very sparse population density of 49.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hilliards have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Hilliards has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.48%.