Senior Living in Hillsdale, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Hillsdale, PA: 15746
- Hillsdale scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Hillsdale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Miners Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hillsdale Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Sun Rose Manor, and John and Shirley Pisano\'s Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Chetremon Golf Course, Cambrian Hills Country Club, and Punxsutawney Country Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Prince of Peace Church, St John United Methodist Chr, and Garmantown Church of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,904, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,125, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,966, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hillsdale receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Hillsdale has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Hillsdale has a very sparse population density of 88.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hillsdale have a very long daily commute time.
- Hillsdale has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.41%.