Senior Living in Hillside, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Hillside, NJ: 07205
- Hillside scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Hillside scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 44 hospitals within close range of the city, including Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Irvington General Hospital, and Union Hospital.
- There are 228 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alaris Health at Essex, Jewish Federation Towers, and Amber Court of Elizabeth.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2284 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 174 golf courses in or around the city, including Eighteen Hole Course at Galloping Hill Golf Course, Suburban Golf Club, and Weequahic Park Golf Course.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including South Mountain Reservation, Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden, and Lincoln Park.
- There are 982 churches in or near the city, including St Catherine\'s Church, First Timothy Miss Baptist Ch, and Christ the King Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1398 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 72 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 539 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,021, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,180, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,432, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.14%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hillside receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Hillside has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Hillside has a dense population density of 7,786.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hillside have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Hillside has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.15%.