Senior Living in Hilmar, California
Top zip codes in Hilmar, CA: 95324
- Hilmar scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Hilmar scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Emanuel Medical Center Inc).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Teresa\'s Tender Loving Care #2, K and R Manor, and Elness Convalescent Hospital.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Poquito Lake Golf & Country Club, Stevinson Ranch, and Turlock Golf & Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including George J. Hatfield State Recreation Area, Broadway Park, and Great Valley Grasslands State Park.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including Holy Rosary Catholic Church, Hilmar Covenant Church, and St Francis Episcopal Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 83 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,114, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,014, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,311, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,094 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,438 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.73%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hilmar receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Hilmar has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Hilmar has a sparse population density of 177.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hilmar have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Hilmar has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.89%.