Senior Living in Hollis, New York
Top zip codes in Hollis, NY: 11423
- Hollis scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Hollis scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 71 hospitals within close range of the city, including Holliswood Hospital, St Vincents Catholic Med Ctr, and Queens Hospital Center.
- There are 339 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hollis Park Manor Nursing Home, Holliswood Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, and Hillside Manor Rehabilitation and Extended Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4441 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 194 golf courses in or around the city, including Kissena Park Golf Course, Douglaston Golf Club, and Towers Country Club.
- There are 39 parks near the city center, including Cunningham Park, Alley Pond Park, and Queens Botanical Garden.
- There are 1590 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Episcopal Church, St Gerard Magella Catholic Chr, and St Gabriel\'s Anglican Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2712 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 202 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 975 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,616, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,751, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,149, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.95%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hollis receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Hollis has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Hollis has a very dense population density of 21,252.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hollis have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Hollis has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 76.94%.