Senior Living in Homestead, Iowa
Top zip codes in Homestead, IA: 52236
- Homestead scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Homestead scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Colonial Manor of Amana, Highland Ridge Senior Living, and Highland Ridge.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Amana Colonies Golf Course, Quail Creek Golf Course, and Marengo Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Sleepy Hollow Campground, F W Kent County Park, and Hawkeye Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Amana Church Society Office, Anchored In Faith Gospel Chr, and Shueyville United Methodist.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.21% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.06% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,098, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,500, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,888, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.33%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Homestead receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Homestead has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Homestead has a very sparse population density of 20.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Homestead have a short daily commute time.
- Homestead has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.98%.