Senior Living in Homestead, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Homestead, PA: 15120
- Homestead scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Homestead scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 27 hospitals within close range of the city, including Upmc Braddock, Children\'s Inst Of Pittsburgh, and Upmc Presbyterian Shadyside.
- There are 130 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eldercrest Health and Rehabilitation Center, Riverside Care Center, and Charles M Morris Nursing And.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 772 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 124 golf courses in or around the city, including Grand View Golf Club, Schenley Park Golf Course, and Westwood Golf Club.
- There are 33 parks near the city center, including Off Leash Exercise Area Frick Park, Frick Park, and Schenley Park.
- There are 455 churches in or near the city, including St Teresa\'s Rc Church-Munhall, Second Baptist Church, and Clark Memorial Baptist Church.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 343 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 26 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 258 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,443, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,640, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,769, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.31%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Homestead receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Homestead has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Homestead has a dense population density of 4,051.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Homestead have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Homestead has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.15%.