Senior Living in Honeoye, New York
Top zip codes in Honeoye, NY: 14471
- Honeoye scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Honeoye scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (F F Thompson Hospital and Veterans Affairs Med Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Seniors Helping Seniors, Conesus Lake Nursing Home, and Ontario Arc Bloomfield Comm.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Old Hickory Golf Club, Conesus Golf Club, and Majestic Hills Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including RMSC Cumming Nature Center, Harriet Hollister Spencer Recreation Area, and 1795 Acorn Inn Bed and Breakfast.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Christ, Candace United Methodist Ch, and Livonia United Methodist Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.69% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,221, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,286, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,122, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.59%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Honeoye receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Honeoye has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Honeoye has a very sparse population density of 98.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Honeoye have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Honeoye has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.10%.