Senior Living in Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Honey Brook, PA: 19344
- Honey Brook scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Honey Brook scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Coatesville Va Medical Center, Brandywine Hospital, and St John Vianney Hospital.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heatherwood Retirement Community, Hickory House Nursing Home, and Tel Hai Retirement Community.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 121 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 112 golf courses in or around the city, including Honey Brook Golf Club, Stonewall, and Coatesville Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Springton Manor, Marsh Creek State Park, and Lake-In-Wood Campground.
- There are 116 churches in or near the city, including St Peter\'s Catholic Rectory, Living God Lutheran Church, and Rockville Mennonite Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 57 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 51 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.21% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,757, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,905, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,557, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.79%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Honey Brook receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Honey Brook has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Honey Brook has a sparse population density of 365.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Honey Brook have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Honey Brook has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.02%.