Senior Living in Hopwood, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Hopwood, PA: 15445
- Hopwood scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Hopwood scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Uniontown Hospital and Highlands Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Laurel Ridge Center, Haven Rest, and Golden LivingCenter - Uniontown.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Springdale Golf Club, Mount Summit Golf Course, and Duck Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Laurel Caverns, Fort Necessity National Battlefield, and Benner\'s Meadow Run Camping &Cabins.
- There are 58 churches in or near the city, including Hopwood United Methodist, Karwatske Robert A, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 38 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 32 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,155, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,438, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,714, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.33%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hopwood receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Hopwood has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Hopwood has a sparse population density of 128.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hopwood have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Hopwood has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.22%.