Senior Living in Horsham, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Horsham, PA: 19044
- Horsham scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Horsham scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 28 hospitals within close range of the city, including Horsham Clinic, Abington Memorial Hospital, and Warminster Hospital.
- There are 217 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Montgomery, Arden Courts of Warminster, and Luther Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1109 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 183 golf courses in or around the city, including Commonwealth National Golf Club, Twining Valley Golf Club, and Horsham Valley Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Graeme Park, Curtis Arboretum, and Lorimer Park.
- There are 382 churches in or near the city, including Resurrection Lutheran Church, Korean Young Sang Presbyterian, and Riverside Community Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 473 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 22 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 329 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,410, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,368, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,275, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.37%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Horsham receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Horsham has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Horsham has a dense population density of 1,954.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Horsham have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Horsham has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.27%.