Senior Living in Hudson, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Hudson, MA: 01749
- Hudson scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Hudson scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Marlborough Hospital, Clinton Hospital Association, and Westborough State Hospital.
- There are 89 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Reservoir Center For Health and Rehabilitation, New Horizons at Madonna Hall, and Hearthstone Alzheimer Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 297 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 146 golf courses in or around the city, including Charter Oak Country Club, Marlborough Country Club, and Butternut Farm Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge, Callahan State Park, and New England Wild Flower Society.
- There are 115 churches in or near the city, including Grace Baptist Church, First United Methodist Church, and St Mary\'s Rectory.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 167 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 180 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,962, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,714, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,141, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.72%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hudson receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Hudson has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Hudson has a dense population density of 1,654.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hudson have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Hudson has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.71%.