Senior Living in Hughson, California
Top zip codes in Hughson, CA: 95326
- Hughson scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Hughson scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Emanuel Medical Center Inc, Memorial Medical Center, and Stanislaus Surgical Hospital.
- There are 94 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including J and L Residential Care Home, Little\'s Guest Home, and Georgia\'s Guest Home RCFE.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 182 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Claratina Golf & Country Grill, Modesto Creekside Golf Course, and River Oaks Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Lakewood Memorial Park, Turlock Regional Sports Complex, and Donnelly Park.
- There are 85 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, First Baptist Church-Hughson, and Church of Christ.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 195 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 65 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,379, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,938, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,204, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,094 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,438 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.39%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hughson receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Hughson has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Hughson has a sparse population density of 331.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hughson have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Hughson has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.40%.