Senior Living in Hunker, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Hunker, PA: 15639
- Hunker scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Hunker scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Excela Health Frick Hospital, Monsour Medical Center, and Jeannette District Mem Hosp.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Easy Living Estates of New Stanton, George\'s Personal Care Home, and Whitehead Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 213 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 87 golf courses in or around the city, including Norvelt Course at Norvelt Golf Club, Timber Ridge Golf Club, and Wyndon Links.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Fox Den Acres Campgrounds, Madison / Pittsburgh S.E. KOA, and Winnie Palmer Nature Reserve.
- There are 139 churches in or near the city, including Christian Center Church, Mt Lebanon United Methodist, and Christ United Methodist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 58 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 80 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,409, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,094, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,327, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.39%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hunker receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Hunker has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Hunker has a sparse population density of 199.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hunker have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Hunker has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.12%.